We are now recruiting a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer.
This role will support our existing system and develop new features as the company grows and develops.
The successful candidate will get an amazing opportunity to learn about manufacturing and production as the bespoke operating system is fully integrated into the production process. This role will offer new and diverse challenges to an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer, and it will give you an opportunity to be a major contributor to the success of the business.
You will support the existing system as well as develop new features as the Company grows.
You will be working with the following technical stack:
- Various versions of Ruby & Rails applications (Ruby 1.8 + Rails 2, Ruby 2.3 + Rails 4)
- MySQL 8
- Debian Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Custom integrations with 3rd party software: Sage, Business Micros Evolution
- Ruby & Ruby on Rails experience
- Good knowledge of MySQL
- Grape API
- Experience with running different versions of Ruby
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to show flexibility and reach compromise where appropriate
- Willingness to take ownership of assigned aspects of the project(s)
- Excellent verbal and written communications and an ability to work constructively in a shared team environment
- Ability to innovate and iterate and willingness
Nice to have:
- NodeJS (Vue.JS, CodeceptJS)
- Linux system administration
- Experience with upgrading applications to newer versions of Rails / Ruby
- Knowledge of various AWS services (S3, SES, CloudFront)
- Strong analytical skills
We would consider applications from people working remotely but ideally, we would like it if the employee would be able to come on-site part of the time.