At The Palladio Door Collection, we don’t just want you to buy our doors but we’d also like to help you figuring the best things out for your home. We know what your home means to you and we’re here to help you in every possible way.
We believe these tips might help you in deciding what you’d prefer in your home.
- Start from the outside in: It is, after all, the first part of your home that everyone sees and ask yourself, “Does my home represent me?” A fresh coat of paint always works wonders! Remember, your entrance door is the gateway to your home, so not only should it protect your home but you can add a bit of your own personality to it as well by introducing a different colour or a glass design to make it truly bespoke.
- Mix modestly: If you are trying to stick to a budget but don’t want to sacrifice style, combining cheaper with more expensive methods can be really effective and when implemented in the right way can fool even the trained eye. Nobody said you have to get the priciest of things you see online or in that home store- go for whatever doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket.
- Upcycle, upcycle!: Have tired looking furniture, mundane pieces lying around or do the tables look a bit weathered? It is amazing what you can achieve simply with a coat of paint. There are many websites dedicated to helping the dedicated DIYers- make the most of them!
- Plan Ahead: Ensure you have some sort of structure to gather ideas or inspirations and work from there. We at Profile Developments are just a little bit obsessed with Pinterest- not just for sharing our own The Palladio Door Collection with everyone but for gaining inspiration on colours for future door designs or even styles. Its easy to get carried away with lots of different ideas and designs but planning ahead ensures you stick to your vision and achieve a cohesive result.
- Out with the old, in with the new: Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to revive something, it is best left in the past. Choose to focus a bigger chunk of your budget on things that really shouldn’t be avoided, like upgrading your external doors or windows which will provide a more safe, secure and thermal efficient home. Save on the aesthetics where you can upcycle or source second hand.
Whatever the renovation, ultimately we hope you enjoy the process and if you should need some inspiration, take a look at our brochure.