Although many people assume burglaries most often occur at night time, a higher percentage of break ins happen during daylight hours when people are at work or out of the house and so it is important to secure your home any time you leave.
Is keeping your family and home safe a priority to you?
Here are some precautions to take to keep your home safe:
- Ensure you secure all doors and windows when leaving your home or when locking up at night time – An open exterior window or unlocked entrance door is an invitation for any burglar to easily enter your home so take precaution at all times
- Thieves know how to spot weak locking mechanisms on doors so ensure that you consider a good locking mechanism when choosing a front or back door for your home, ideally one that includes a dead bolt for extra security. For those who want to take extra measures you can add a security chain and anti-snap (high security) cylinder.
- Composite doors are proven to be the only choice if security is a priority, with the Palladio door collection our unique monocoque structure sets us apart from foam filled composite doors allowing an unbeatable strength to weight ratio.
- Try to avoid leaving spare keys hidden outside. Any where that you can think of hiding a key is probably the first place that burglars will think to look.
- When leaving the house at night ensure to keep some lights on giving the illusion that someone is home.
View our break in video below to see the difference between trying to break through a foam filled door and a Palladio composite door.