While Palladio and Avant Garde doors require low maintenance, here are some tips that you could follow to help maintain the look over the years.
or read through these top tips:
- To maintain your Palladio door and door frame, clean using a non-abrasive soft sponge and warm soapy water i.e hand soap or washing up liquid.
- Dry using a soft lint-free cloth.
- After cleaning and drying, we recommend using Mr. Sheen multi-surface spray to give your entrance door an added sheen and a more polished finish.
- The glass can be polished with any traditional glass cleaner.
- We suggest avoiding the use of harsh chemicals or solvents as they have the potential to damage the surface of the door.
Maintaining the door hardware
To ensure you maintain a high-quality finish, cleaning should be carried out regularly using the appropriate care and maintenance method below.
Before you start:
- Check and Test Harsh chemicals could damage your stainless steel product, before using any chemicals a trial should be conducted on a small, hidden surface area to check that the resulting finish matches the original.
- Routine Cleaning and Fingerprints Do use warm soapy water with a lint-free cloth. Rinse with clean water. Wipe dry with a soft clean cloth.
- Stubborn Stains and Discolouration Do use mild cleaning solutions such as CIF or a specialist stainless steel care kit.
- Oil and Grease Marks Do use hydrocarbon solvents such as WD40, methylated spirit or acetone to polish the steel and remove oil or grease residue.
Do NOT use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, bleach or solvents.
Lubricating your Palladio Door
Following these tips will help you ensure the smooth functioning of the door.
- Begin by opening the door and placing a dust sheet underneath the door to protect the flooring.
- Apply 3-in-1 oil or silicone spray to the lever handle, cylinder, multi-point locking system and the hinges. You can also add a small amount of Vaseline to the hooks, deadbolts and rollers to ensure lubrication for the smoothness of movement.
- Lift the handle up and down 6-8 times to ensure that the lubricant has worked its way through all parts of the mechanism.
- Alternatively, you can wind the key multiple times if you do not have a door with lever handles.
- You can repeat this process twice a year to ensure lubrication.
You may also be interested in our stainless steel care guide:
Design your dream door here today. Come home to Palladio!