- Start from the outside in – It is afterall the first part of your home that everyone sees and ask yourself “Does my home represent me?”. A fresh coat of paint works wonders and your entrance door is the gateway to your home so not only should it protect your home but you can add a bit of your own personality to it as well by introducing a different colour or glass design to make it truly bespoke.
- Mix Modestly Great with Gorgeous – If you are trying to stick to a budget but don’t want to sacrifice style, combining cheaper with more expensive methods can be really effective and when implemented in the right way can fool even the trained eye.
- Upcycle, upcycle! – Have tired looking furniture, tables looking a bit weathered? It is amazing what you can achieve with a coat of paint and there are many websites dedicated to helping the dedicated DIYers out there.
- Plan Ahead – to ensure some sort of structure gather ideas or inspirations and work from there. We at profile developments are just a little bit obsessed with pinterest. Not just for sharing our own Palladio Door Collection with everyone but for gaining inspiration on colours for future door designs or even styles. Its easy to get carried away with lots of different ideas and designs but planning ahead ensures you stick to your vision and achieve a cohesive result.
- Out with the old, in with the new – Sometimes no matter how hard you try to revive something, it is best left in the past. Choose to focus a bigger chunk of your budget on things that really shouldnt be avoided, like upgrading your external doors or windows which will provide a more safe, secure and thermal efficient home and save on the aesthetics where you can upcycle or source second hand.
Whatever the renovation we hope you enjoy the process and if you should need some inspiration, take a look at our brochure below.